Metallics 1/4-20LA - Machine Screw Anchor - Box of 100
- The machine screw anchor has two parts.
- The sleeve and the internal threaded cone.
- The machine screw anchor requires the use of a setting tool.
- Each diameter machine screw anchor has its own unique setting tool.
- Light to medium duty into concrete, block and brick.
- The forces on a Machine Screw Anchor are transferred to the base material that it is installed in.
- If the anchors are installed too close together, it can cause an interaction of the forces, thus reducing the holding power of the anchor.
- As a rule of thumb, the expansion industry has established a minimum standard of ten (10) anchor diameters for spacing between anchors and five (5) anchor diameters from the edge.
- When vibration or sudden impact are part of the load conditions, spacing between anchors should be increased.