FireX Kidde I5000 AC/DC - Smoke Alarm 120V Direct Wire with Battery Back-Up
Front-loading battery door allows you to change the battery without removing the alarm from mounting bracket
- Provides a Hush™ feature to quickly silence nuisance alarms
- Tamper resist locking feature deters alarm theft
- Alarm memory flashes red LED indicating which unit was the initiating alarm in interconnected system.
- Battery backup provides protection in case of power failure
- Interconnectable with up to 24 devices (of which 18 can be initiating) including smoke, CO and heat alarms. See user’s guide for complete instructions.
The FireX Kidde i5000 is an AC/DC powered, ionization smoke alarm that operates on a 120V power source with 9V battery backup. This alarm uses ionization sensing technology. Ionization sensing alarms may detect invisible fire particles (associated with flaming fires) sooner than photoelectric alarms. Photoelectric sensing alarms may detect visible particles (associated with smoldering fires) sooner than ionization alarms.
The front-loading battery door allows user to change the battery without removing the alarm from the mounting bracket making battery replacement easy and convenient. This smoke alarm is available in a 6-piece cut case with tray for easy display as well as a 6-piece bulk pack for contractors and property owners. This unit is a UL Listed product with a 5-year limited warranty. Kidde strongly recommends that both ionization and photoelectric smoke alarms be installed to help insure maximum detection of the various types of fire that can occur within the home.
- Front battery pull tab allows battery activation without removing alarm from mounting bracket.
- Large mounting base makes mounting easier, protects surface paint from dirt and covers imperfections.
- Pre-stripped wiring harness with easy off cap does not require stripper tool. Tinned strands increase conductivity and wire nut grip.
- Large centrally located Test/Hush® alarm control button.
- Dust cover protects sensor from contaminates during construction reducing nuisance alarms.
- Easy access front loading battery door.
- Battery backup provides protection in case of power failure.
- Inter-connectable with up to 24 devices (of which 18 can be initiating) including smoke, CO and heat alarms. See user’s guide for complete instructions.
- Model: i5000
- UPC: 047871075829
- Power Source: 120VAC (80mA Max)
- Sensor: Ionization
- Audio Alarm: 85dB at 10ft
- Temperature Range: 40¢ªF (4.4¢ªC) to 100¢ªF (37.8¢ªC)
- Humidity Range: Up to 85% relative humidity (RH)
- Size: 5.6¡± in diameter x 1.8¡± depth
- Interconnects: Up to 24 Kidde devices
- LED: Green, receiving ac power,Red, 4 modes of operation
- Warranty: 10 year limited
Good product, easy in install and easy to change backup battery
Speedy shipping. I received these in two days after ordering them. I had the older style that had a different connector for the wired devices and was thinking if I should just buy the adapter, to make the installation easier/quicker, but decided against it due to the price of the adapters and the number of them that I needed. I was glad I made that decision as changing the connectors was very simple. The mounts had to be changed also and they were quick and simple. I like these smoke detectors because when it is time to change the battery you do not have to unscrew the smoke detector from the mount as there is a sliding access panel right in front providing a quick battery change. Nice product!
The FireX i4618AC Smoke Alarm arrived on time and worked as specified as a replacement item.