Kidde RF-SM-ACDC - Wireless RF Hardwire Interconnected Smoke Alarm w/ Battery Back-up
CLEARANCE While quantities last!
All sales are final on Clearance products. No returns, refunds or exchanges.
The Kidde Wireless AC Powered Smoke Alarm makes it easy to expand the coverage of a current interconnected system. Simply replace one interconnected smoke alarm with the Kidde Wireless AC powered alarm. Kidde Wireless Battery Powered Smoke Alarms can be installed in additional rooms that need extra protection. This AC powered alarm bridges a home’s current interconnected system to the newly installed alarms, so that when one alarm is triggered, all alarms will sound.
Experts recommend interconnected alarms, because when one sounds, they all sound, providing an early warning against fire by dramatically increasing your ability to hear an alarm anywhere in your home, regardless of where the fire starts. Newer homes are required by code to have interconnected alarms. Wireless technology now enables any home to have an interconnected system
Choose the Right Wireless Alarms for Your Home
Kidde offers two wireless product options: a Battery Powered Smoke Alarm, and an AC Powered Smoke Alarm. These products enable you to customize your system based on your specific needs. Read below to see which Kidde wireless smoke alarms are best for your home.
Kidde Wireless Smoke Alarms enable you to extend the coverage and protection of interconnected smoke alarms —without any need for additional wiring!
This alarm uses ionization sensing technology. Ionization sensing alarms may detect invisible fire particles (associated with flaming fires) sooner than photoelectric alarms. Photoelectric sensing alarms may detect visible particles (associated with smoldering fires) sooner than ionization alarms. Kidde strongly recommends that both ionization and photoelectric smoke alarms be installed to help insure maximum detection of the various types of fire that can occur within the home.
- Hush® Feature – Temporarily silences nuisance alarms.
- Flashing LED – Indicates alarm is receiving power.
- Test Button – Verifies battery and alarm operation.
- Battery Backup (battery included) – Protects even during power outages.
- Tamper Resist Locking Pin – Helps deter from theft or tampering.
- Low Battery Indicator – Smoke alarm will chirp in the event of a low battery.
- Twist-Off Mounting – For fast installation and easy, safe battery replacement.
- Power Source: 20VAC; 9V battery backup
- Audio Alarm: 85dB at 10ft
- Temperature Range: 40F (4.4C) to 100F (37.8C)
- Humidity Range: up to 85% relative humidity (RH)
- Sensor: Ionization
- Wiring: Quick connect plug with 8” pigtails
- Size: 5.75” in diameter x 1.25” depth
- Weight: .5lb
- Interconnects: Up to 24 devices (of which 18 can be initiating)